Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Love Friends With Good Recipes

I LOVE crock pot meals.  Love 'em.  I love that I can be slavin' away at work while my dinner is basically cooking itself.  This is, hands down, one of my most FAVORITE crock pot meals to date.  Thank you to my sweet friend, Meredith, for sharing this one!!!  {She makes the yummiest food!!}
Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg. {8 oz.} cream cheese, cubed
1 packet dry Italian seasoning
4.5 oz. can of chopped green chiles
1 cup of milk
In a large bowl, mix together soup, cream cheese, Italian seasoning, green chiles, and milk.  Stir the heck out of it.  I use a mixer to really break up the cream cheese so that the sauce isn’t too clumpy. 
creamcheesechicken2creamcheesechicken3 
Line your crock pot with these handy crock pot liners.  Okay, so that's not a MUST do, but I HATE cleaning the crock pot, so it's a MUST for me!  Place chicken breasts in the crock pot & cover with the sauce.
creamcheesechicken4
Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2.  I forgot to get everything ready before I left for the gym that morning, so I crock-pot-cooked it on high as soon as I got home and it took a little over two hours.  LOVE IT!!!
creamcheesechicken5
Serve with rice {Meredith said that noodles are good, too!!}
And an added bonus?!?!  This little dish makes the house smell AMAZING!!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Def a staple over here! You've been so good about updating your blogs!!! I've got so many recipes to add, if I can ever get around to it! I tried a new chicken recipe the other night that was really good and easy and has a yummy-want-to-swim-in-it sauce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! I'm obsessed with the green chilie-cream cheese combo right now so I will definitely be making this this week! Thanks for all the recipes AND teaching tips...you rock!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's with the plastic bags?? Is this a trick I don't know?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMIWORD. ACE...Do you not know about crockpot liners?!?!? Best invention EVER!!! You just pop 'em in the crock pot and then go about your business as usual :) No icky crock to clean when it's finished!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you say 1 packet of dry italian seasoning, do you mean the kind that is used to make italian salad dressing? (Good Seasons, or similar)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this in the crock pot right now and Jill that is what I used is the packet of dry dressing :) Carm

    smells sooo good BTW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have pork chops in the freezer that need to be cooked. would it change the cook times to use pork instead of chicken?

    ReplyDelete