Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Get Your Thanksgiving Pants Ready

Did y’all ever see that episode of Friends?  The one with Joey & his Thanksgiving pants?!  Y’know…he’s gonna eat so much that he needs the elastic waistband & additional pouch type pants?!  LOVE that show!  And that’s pretty much how I felt when I saw the ingredients needed for this delicious dish, but that didn’t scare me away. Our sweet school nurse, Mrs. Amy, shared this with me and RAVED about it. Holy bacon & creaminess, people!!  This dish is DANG good!  If you’re on a low-fat, low-cal diet…STOP READING NOW.  There’s nothin’ I love more than a little love for my handles if ya know what I mean.  Seriously people…put this on your list of things to try TO.NIGHT.  I can see this on our dinner menu for weeks to come.  Mr. Spouse couldn’t stop raving about it and I’m pretty sure it’s the best pasta dish I’ve ever had!!! 
BACON and PARMESAN PASTA
1 lb. bacon
1 pkg. penne pasta
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
2 eggs
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, start the sauce.  OMG.  GOOOOOD stuff here folks.  Here’s what you’ll start with…
baconparmesanpasta1
Now, you’ll wanna add a cup of heavy cream and the package of cream cheese to a saucepan and heat on low.  Once the cream cheese is nice and smooth, remove from heat.
baconparmesanpasta2
Now add these guys…
baconparmesanpasta3
Two eggs and 1/2 cup of the shredded parmesan.  Mix well.  If you’re freakin’ out about the eggs not being cooked, don’t.  The heat from the pasta will cook ‘em right up!
You’ll wanna fry up some bacon…or if you’re like me, bake the heck out of it.  I can’t fry bacon to save my life, and this is SO much dang easier {foil lined baking pan…cook on 405 for about 20 minutes or until the bacon is nice and crispy}.  BEFORE you bake/fry your bacon, make sure to sprinkle it with crushed red pepper flakes.  I added A LOT.  We like things spicy, remember?!  SO, add to your discretion…or not at all!  I totally recommend it though!
Now chop it all up.
baconparmesanpasta5
Drain pasta and return to pot.  Now add the sauce mix and chopped bacon.  Mix well to coat. 
And this, my friends, is what I call a meal.
baconparmesanpasta6
You can’t tell me that doesn’t look all shades of delicious.  I can’t get over how amazing it was!  I’m pretty sure I talked about it…and thought about it…for days after I made it.  Mr. Spouse gave it 2 thumbs up.  I can’t wait to make it again!!  I’m thinkin’ that grilled chicken would be an amazing addition to this dish, so I might try that next time.  Now it’s your turn.  RUN to the store and what ya need and whip this up STAT!!!! 

10 comments:

  1. this title just made me laugh so hard that i snorted! HA! love that show...love that episode!

    and mercy me, this sounds fab! can't wait to try it! {and why didn't i ever think of BAKING bacon??? i can't fry it to save my life either!} yum, yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord have mercy this looks delish...now only if it were low in WW points but I'm thinking a big fat no on that one! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made it tonight - it's good with mushrooms too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making this tonight!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...That looks and sounds amazing! I am going to have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Deliciousness! This was the most divine meal--ever! I thought my husband was going to die, he liked I that much! And thanks for the baking bacon tip--it was fabulous! I can't believe I've never heard of/thought of that before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made it once and Im making it again tonight! DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Now that's good stuff right there!" - Words from my hubby. He's already eaten seconds and requested I make it again. It was delicious.
    Also, thank you for the oven bacon idea. He loved the red pepper flavor and wants it like that for breakfast now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was delicious served with grilled chicken. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete