Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Set Your Scales Back

Now that we're winding down from the hustle and bustle of Thanksgiving, it's time to wind down the scale as well :)  I don't know about y'all, but I ate my weight in mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and cheesecake.  Thanksgiving is, hands down, my favorite holiday.  Shocker, right?!  I mean, anything that revolves around food is pretty much my favorite.  Thus bringing me to my one and only Christmas wish....


I mean, SERIOUSLY!!!  

Speaking of Gilmore Girls, have y'all finished watching the revival?  I just finished last night and I LOVED IT!!!  I won't give anything away, but it was so good.  And I'm more than happy with the way it ended :)  

Okay!  Now let's get back to food.  Something Lorelai and Rory would be more than happy to do.  
Instead of spending the next 3 weeks indulging in holiday treats, we're going to get back to our regularly scheduled eating.  Light meals with lots of flavor.  If you're wanting to get back on the same track as me, here's a great recipe to start you off!!


SALMON WITH LEMON CREAM SAUCE

1 TBSP. olive oil
Cajun seasoning, optional
3 TBSP. lemon juice
1/4 C. chicken broth
2/3 C. heavy whipping cream
1 TBSP. canola oil
Sea Salt & Pepper
1 1/2 LBS. salmon fillets
Green onions, to taste (optional)

Preheat oven to 400.

Lightly brush both sides of salmon with olive oil.  Season both sides with cajun seasoning (I used Tony Chachere's).  If cajun seasoning isn't your thing, just season with sea salt and pepper.  Obviously the cajun seasoning will be a little spicier and pack a bit more flavor, so choose as you wish!  I also squeezed half a lemon over the top of the salmon before cooking.  

Cook for 12-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.

While salmon is cooking, prep the lemon cream sauce.

In a small saucepan, add lemon juice, broth, and heavy whipping cream.  Heat on medium high and bring to a simmer. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low.  Simmer for 10 minutes.  Remove lid and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes on high heat to reduce the sauce.

Pour sauce over cooked salmon (to taste) and top with chopped green onions.  Squeeze a little fresh lemon over the fillet to top it all off. 



We eat salmon at least 2-3 times a week so I'm always on the hunt for news ways to cook it.  We'll definitely be trying this again!  The sauce was the perfect compliment to the seasoned salmon and made for such a delicious meal.  






1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your Blog! This recipe looks amazing and is just what we need after almost a week of Thanksgiving dinner & treats on repeat ;)
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    XO,
    Amanda
    misslulupearlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete